* To make our text easier to read, we've chosen to write it in the feminine, but this in no way excludes anyone working in this profession.
The skin speaks to you - can you read it?
Combine your skin care expertise with growing skin problems!
Become a therapeutic complement expert and an ally of the dermatology healthcare system!
What is a Dermo-esthetician?
The Dermo-esthetician is a skin care professional who can better advise customers with more specific skin needs. She is an expert in therapeutic complement and an ally of the dermatology healthcare system. She combines her expertise in observing and analyzing skin conditions with support for the growing needs of the healthcare system in the dermatological field.
More specifically, she will be able to:
- Analyze specific skin conditions, without making a diagnosis;
- Monitor superficial skin disequilibria or imbalances indicative of the potential development of a pathology;
- Be able to distinguish the key ingredients in a cosmetic product needed for rebalancing or control, in order to restore the skin's balance and health;
- The Dermo-esthetician will not only scrutinize her customers' skin with meticulous care, but will also be able to perform preventive dermatology;
- Report dermatological disorders and be on the lookout for potential cancers, in order to refer them to affiliated health professionals.
- Successful completion of the Norme professionnelle en esthétique of Soins Personnels Québec (https://soinspersonnels.com/66/norme-professionnelle-en-esthetique) - for Québec province only.
- Completion of Level 1 (modules 1 to 4) and Level 2 (modules 5 and 6) of the Introduction to Dermopharmacy and Cosmetology training by Lydia Gauthier, Dermocosmetologist (https://www.lydiagauthier.com/en/dermopharmacy-online-training/).
- Successful completion of the written exam covering the skills acquired in the 6 compulsory modules of Lydia Gauthier Dermocosmetologist's Introduction to Dermopharmacy and Cosmetology training.
- Have successfully completed the qualification interview (case study) with one of our dermo-esthetician specialists in consultation (by videoconference appointment).
Registration fee of 199$ (plus taxes)
Benefits of being a Dermo-esthetician :
- Obtaining a certificate attesting to your successful completion of the Dermo-esthetician certification;
- Registration in the Professional directory of Dermo-estheticians on the IRDEC website (irdec.ca );
- Personalized pin distinguishing you as a Dermo-esthetician;
- Sticker for the door of your Institute;
- Publication on all our social networks with your biography;
- Have access to proprietary protocols offered at IRDEC;
- Priority referral in dermatology to IRDEC;
- Delivery of a recommendation tablet with your membership number for referral;
- Annual Recognition event for Dermo-esthetician;
- Access to exclusive training to maintain expertise in Dermo-esthetician;
Your obligations as a dermo-esthetician :
- Follow a minimum of 3 hours of continuing education annually (offered by Lydia Gauthier Dermocosmetologist or IRDEC), beginning on the second year of the certification;
- Accept that the designation of Dermo-esthetician (the highest in Canada) is the one and only title displayed and used in the context of your work;
- Ensure an irreproachable work ethic;
- Have the highest standards of hygiene and asepsis in the industry.
Do you want to become a dermo-esthetician?
Here is the procedure to follow :
- Pass the qualification of the Norme professionnelle en esthétique of Soins Personnels Québec – for Québec province only;
- Complete Level 1 and Level 2 of the Introduction to Dermopharmacy and Cosmetology training by Lydia Gauthier Dermocosmetologist;
- Complete the Dermo-esthetician certification registration form (which you will find at the bottom of this page);
- Pay the registration fee of $199 plus taxes (an invoice will be sent to you upon receipt of your form);
- Pass the written exam covering the skills of the 2 levels;
- Pass the qualification interview with one of our dermo-esthetician specialists in consultation (by videoconference appointment).
Have you completed your Standard with SPQ (for Québec province only)?
Have you completed Level 1 and Level 2 of Lydia Gauthier Dermocosmetologist training? Or are you on your way to completing Level 2?
We invite you to complete the following form to begin the process of becoming a certified Dermo-esthetician!